Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Social Network (2010)


I was absolutely blown away with this movie I really didn't expect much of it, I know it was getting award recoginition but I originaly chalked it up to a down year in film this year, but HOLY CRAP this just blew me away.

From Mega-Director David Fincher (Fight Club, Zodiac, Benjamin Button) comes the story of the creation of one of the worlds most popular websites, Facebook. Who would have honestly thought a movie about the creation of a website would be this good, I sure as shit didn't.

The Social Network boasts a tremendous cast with Jesse Eisenberg portraying world's youngest Billionaire, Mark Zuckerberg, and Andrew Garfield portraing his best-friend/co-founder, Eduardo Saverin and Justin Timberlake as Napster founder, Sean Parker.

Mark is a student at Harvard who is a computer whiz. One night while on a bender he creates a website comparing the hottest girls on campus which gets 22,000 hits that night crashing the Harvard network. A few weeks later he is approached by a few jocks looking to setup a sort of match.com but for Harvard students which leads Mark to the idea of TheFaceBook. We see the whole start-up and the eventual lawsuits that come when dealing with Billion dollar ideas. People get screwed and friendships get ruined but as the tagline says, "You don't get to 500 Million friends without making a few enemies".

The movie is just all-around fantastic, I didn't want the movie to end. Thats my only gripe with it, its only 2 hrs long but I could have sat through so much more, it's that enjoyable. This is definetly my front runner for the Oscar this year and it already won the Golden Globe so it seems like a lock.

I extremly reccomend seeing this movie, it iw wonderfully well written and brillently acted, anyone who has ever used Facebook would have some intrest in the film and even if you dont have an account it is a truly griping story of human interaction in the modern age.

The Social Network recieve 9 "Andrew Garfield as the New Spidermans"...out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment